There's nothing better than the fresh tastes of summer - strawberries, watermelon, tomatoes and more. This wholesome recipe from our 28-day cleanse showcases a summer staple - grilled corn. Try it out this week and if you can't get enough, download our 7-day and 28-day cleanses that will leave you feeling energized all summer long.
Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad
4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, bone-in and skin on
4 corn on the cob, removing husks and silks
Salt and pepper
2 ripe tomatoes cut in 1 inch cubes
Juice of 2 lemons
8 cups fresh organic arugula
1. Ready grill or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on medium heat on grill, cooking until meat is done all the way through, approximately 15 minutes. Alternatively bake in 350-degree oven for 35 minutes.
3. Boil a large pot of water and place corn on the cob in the pot, turning off water and keeping on stove for 6 minutes. Take corn out of water and drizzle with olive oil to place on grill just until kernels are browned.
4. In the meantime combine 3 T olive, lemon juice, ½ t salt and 1 t pepper. Drizzle over tomatoes, cucumbers and arugula in a large mixing bowl.
5. Cut corn off cob and add to bowl.
6. Remove chicken from bone, remove skin and cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with salad and serve.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15-35 minutes