A harmonious balance! The carrots are sautéed in the pan to bring out their natural sugars while the toasted curry balances the dish for a delicious pot of heaven. Plus, the carotenes in the soup act as potent anti-oxidants to help build a strong immune system.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
2 T olive oil
½ large yellow onion
5 large carrots
2 T curry powder
5 cups vegetable stock
¼ cup organic coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, add olive oil and allow to heat on medium. In the meantime, coarsely chop the onion and place in the pot.
2. Chop carrots in coarse, small pieces, adding to pot with onion.
3. Stir together carrots and onion, allowing them to sauté until soft and browned.
4. Add curry powder and stir.
5. Allow curry to sauté for one minute and then add vegetable stock.
6. Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to simmer. Let soup simmer for about 15 minutes or until the soup reduces by one quarter. Add coconut milk.
7. Strain out vegetables into food processor, adding salt and pepper.
8. Puree vegetables, adding stock little by little until smooth consistency is achieved.
9. Put soup back on stove to re-heat and serve.