Four varieties of mushrooms give this soup a deliciously complex flavor. This is an excellent soup for hot or cold weather…serve with salad and you have the perfect meal!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 c dried oyster mushrooms
1 c dried porcini mushrooms
2 ½ c boiling water
¼ c olive oil
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 ½ c shiitake mushrooms
1 ½ c Portobello mushrooms
½ c red wine
½ T ground pepper
1 T salt
1 T rosemary
- Put dried mushrooms in a bowl and add water; let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium-low heat. Chop onion and garlic and add to pan. Sautee until onions are translucent and starting to brown.
- Chop remaining mushrooms and add to onions and garlic. Let cook until tender.
- Add re-hydrated mushrooms and water. Let boil down until the water is about halfway absorbed.
- Add wine and let boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, rosemary and stir.
- Put all ingredients in food processor and puree until consistency is thick and creamy.
- Add back to pan and heat until bubbly.