Ahhh, the tastes of summer! Nutrition-packed and delightful especially when enjoyed outdoors. This recipe is from our 28-day cleanse.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15-35 minutes
- 4 4 ounce chicken breasts, bone-in and skin on
- 4 Corn on the cob, removing husks and silks
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes cut in 1 inch cubes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 8 cups fresh organic arugula
- Ready grill or pre-heat 350 degree oven
- Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on medium heat on grill, cooking until meat is done all the way through, approximately 15 minutes. Alternatively bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Boil a large pot of water and place corn on the cob in the pot, turning off water and keeping on stove for 6 minutes. Take corn out of water and drizzle with olive oil to place on grill just until kernels are browned.
- In the meantime, combine 3 tablespoons olive, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle over tomatoes, cucumbers and arugula in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut corn off cob and add to bowl.
- Remove chicken from bone, remove skin and cut into 1 inch cubes. Toss with salad and serve.