The caramelized lemon adds a bit of sunshine to this delicious dish. This is just one of many tasty recipes from our 28-day cleanse.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
3 cups white wine
2 T olive oil
4 (4oz) halibut filets
salt & pepper
1 T rosemary
1. Put wine in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced 75 percent.
2. Cut the top ¼ off each lemon. Cut the bottom so that the lemon is level and can stand upright.
3. Put the lemons in a skillet under the broiler in oven for 7-8 minutes until brown and caramelized. Let lemons cool.
4. Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
5. Heat skillet on medium and add oil. Season halibut with salt and pepper and add to pan to sear (flesh side down) approximately 1 minute.
6. Turn off heat and flip fillets over.
7. Squeeze lemon into reduced wine and add rosemary. Pour over fish and place the skillet in oven for approximately 5-7 minutes until fish is tender and cooked through.