Forget the latest creams, powders and concealer. Smooth, luminous skin is just a meal away! By choosing the right foods you can improve the look and vitality of your skin over time. Here are some food and drink suggestions for healthy skin:
1. Water - reduces the appearance of fine lines and boosts your skin’s ability to release toxins and absorb nutrients.
2. Green Tea – reduces inflammation and can ward away sun damage.
3. Olive oil and other cold-pressed oils – helpful for hydrating the skin and olive oil's antioxidant properties combat free radicals and curb inflammation.
4. Strawberries – Did you know that strawberries contain more vitamin C than oranges? Research has shown that people who consume foods loaded with vitamin C have fewer incidents of age-related dry skin, and fewer wrinkles.
5. Chocolate – 70% cacao or higher chocolate is hydrating and loaded with flavonol, a powerful antioxidant that can contribute to luminous skin.
6. Greek yogurt – Protein-rich Greek yogurt contributes to firm, smooth skin.
What not to eat? White/processed sugar – which can weaken the collagen in your skin and cause sagging.
Eat your way to smooth, strong skin that works efficiently to protect your body! Learn more about anti-aging from Dr. Kristi!